The Industries of the Future series explores how emerging and enabling technologies are transforming key industries around the world, assessing the challenges and opportunities for UK businesses, and considering what more we can do to accelerate digital transformation so that innovation is applied to the real economy in ways that change lives.
On 20 September 2023, techUK hosted the latest webinar in our Industries of the Future series. Part of our Supercharging Innovation campaign week, it explored the space industry of tomorrow and panellists spoke about what steps the UK can take to become a superpower across a broad spectrum of emerging and transformative space technologies.
The panel included:
- Daniel Jones, Future Markets Lead, UK Space Agency
- Mike Curtis-Rouse, Head of In-Orbit Servicing, Assembly and Manufacturing, Satellite Applications Catapult
- Imogen Ormerod, Associate, Linklaters LLP
- Polly Gardiner, Chief Financial Officer, Space Forge
- Martin Soltau, co-CEO, Space Solar
The session, which launched techUK’s work on emerging space tech, was chaired by Rory Daniels, Programme Manager for Emerging Technologies, techUK
You can watch the full webinar here, or read our summary of the key insights below: